Look at these adorable little cookie crayons I melted today, and the little lamb I drew today. I’ve been busy all day and most of it was spent on these crayons.
I used a mini muffin pan and many old broken crayons (that I’ve had since 3rd grade! I’m now 20 years old…). I put crayons in each cup and then popped it in the oven at 250 F. But I forgot an important ingredient…
Because I didn’t use cupcake liners, I needed to spray the muffin cups before adding the crayons…and I forgot! I didn’t realize until a minute after I put them in the oven. I took them out and let them firm and, sure thing, I couldn’t get them out. I really kicked myself in the butt for this one. Getting them out was tricky but not impossible.
The solution: reheat, take them out, and start over. Choice of weapon: plastic spoon, wax paper, several toothpicks, and a paper towel. The mission: I sat the muffin pan on the stove and turned the heat on low (our stove is electric so it was easy to work with). As each crayon began to melt again, I poked it near the edge with a toothpick and tried to “stir” (for lack of a better word) until the crayon moved easily. Then I grabbed the spoon, took the crayon out and sat it on wax paper so I could do the same for rest of them.
It was a sad process…
Once I got them all out, I spayed pan with non-stick cooking spray and then put all the crayons (and crayon crumbs) back in.
I put them back in the oven and once melted (I didn’t time it but I’d say about 5 to 10 minutes…just keep an eye on it!) I took them out and I crossed my fingers. Once they were firm, I uncrossed my fingers and went to work. Choice of weapons: same plastic spoon, same wax paper, more toothpicks. Sure enough they came right out! I had to put a little extra effort in a few but none broke, and more importantly, none were stuck!
Look how nice and cute they came out! They’re about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and less than a quarter of an inch tall. If you want them to be taller, use more crayons, and if you want them to be wider, use a regular size muffin pan.
These two a made when I first tried melting crayons. I set the oven to 400 F and put the crayons in a regular size muffin pan and used cupcake liners. After putting them in the oven, I turned it off immediately and let them sit in there until melted. This process took much longer than today’s. These crayons are about 2 inches wide and the height varies. Instead of using one color per cup, I used three.
They look good enough to eat! My next experiment with crayons is painting with them when they’re melted. I can’t wait to give it a try! There’s a ton of things you can do with crayons. They’re not just for coloring anymore.
Have you ever tried melting crayons?
tagged as: diy. personal. little lamb.
- uhmmidontknow likes this
- creativinsanity reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- pixiepearls reblogged this from lambsandraccoons and added:
- hollykaitlyn likes this
- revivinglilmouse likes this
- burningthestarlight likes this
- wicked-comrades reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- girlwithoutthevowel likes this
- randomchick1300 reblogged this from lambsandraccoons and added:
- gravity-girl reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- runlikethe-wind likes this
- pour-femmes reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- pour-femmes likes this
- just-abuseme likes this
- dollfacexox23 likes this
- iluvmyguitar reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- acertainnewlook likes this
- sogracelessthatway reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- evadancer likes this
- marmano likes this
- bbyvoorheez likes this
- kumogo likes this
- bumbletastic reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- themischiefneverends reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- maebyfunkebluth likes this
- fuckmeteddy reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- suezuzieella likes this
- troisjour likes this
- kaseyja reblogged this from lambsandraccoons and added:
- cydddnie likes this
- kiss-me-kismet likes this
- tinaasaraa likes this
- brushrealityaside likes this
- itssjackiieebby likes this
- chillysaywhhaat reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- xxthinisin likes this
- hero518168 likes this
- normabeez likes this
- magicbannanas likes this
- fuzzybatz reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- surethingchickenwing reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- intothemycrowave likes this
- justasmalltowngirlfromnc reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- bittersweettlove likes this
- septumizedcouture reblogged this from lambsandraccoons
- septumizedcouture likes this
- toilavi reblogged this from lambsandraccoons and added:
- leahspagnoli likes this
- leahspagnoli reblogged this from lambsandraccoons